View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
If the Texans used an NT in their nickle and dime sets I could see NT being a bigger need, but we don't, and I can't imagine that they think it's 1st round need unless there's a guy there they thought wouldn't be available.
That's a big catch 22. I'm not a big proponent of using a high draft pick (1-3 rounds) on a NT. But if we had a better NT (Ngata, Raji, Wilfork) he'd be on the field on 3rd down. That would allow us to cut Antonio Smith if you're inclined to do so (I'm not, he's had helluvah years back to back & if not for Jj Watt, there'd be more talk about him).

But, the point is we don't use our NT in passing situations because we have Antonio Smith & Shuan Cody. If we had a Ngata type, Smith's snaps would be reduced as he'd probably rotate in & out.