View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013   #45
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
One thing is certain, the prospective WR#2 won't ever be Posey. I love his upside and work ethic, but the fact that he wore patella braces throughout college was a sign that his Achilles injury was probably destined.

So where do we draft a receiver? Well, we also need a nose tackle, since Cody will either be cut or won't be in shape by preseason. Since the loss of Posey has only been an opportunity cost, the receiving talent has not regressed. But losing Cody will pose regression, so I think NT will be #1, and WR #2.
I agree, although WR is a huge need, NT is a bigger need. Cody will be gone in FA and Mitchell can't handle the position by himself. Also having a better NT lessens the need at ILB as well. WR would then be our 2nd round pick and with all the extra comp. picks we should have coming to us, trading up in the 2nd to get a really good WR would be very possible and plausible. Of course all of this is dependent on who is available to us at #27. A slight trade down from #27 to the top of the 2nd round might be an option to consider as well depending on who's available.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote