Thread: PreCombine
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PreCombine

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I agree that cutting Walter and Smith to free up cap $$$$ is the way to go. I like the mock. I think there's a good chance to draft Patton early in the 3rd. I dont think he's going to run more than 4.55/4.6 at the combine.

Who would you like to see signed in FA? Give me Rames-Barden. He has the size that Gary likesin his WR's (A bigger better version of Walter.) Would you trade up to the top of the 3rd and take Patton or would you stay put and maybe draft a guy like Cobi Hamilton in the 3rd? He also has the size Gary looks for in a WR.
I think Patton is a second rounder. Not familiar with Barden. Like Hamilton but have to trade up in 3rd to get him. I am fan of height and speed in CBs and WRs but sometimes a player just stands out that is shorter than my preference.

Bailey: 4.49 speed 114/1627yds @ 14 per catch 25 TDs while playing same field as Tavon Austin. What would stats be without Austin's touches? Would it not be nice for Texans to have a WR that knows how to get into the end zone?

Dwayne Bowe is the best WR imo & while his history scares some, he has been clear of negativity for last two season.

Brian Hartline 26 ran 4.49 pro day four years ago. 6'2" 199 good stats and probably cheaper.

Jennings, I could see going to Dolphins if Hartline leaves. If I draft a 5'10" slot in Bailey, I want a taller vet for WR2.

Mike Wallace 27 has averaged over his career 1,000 yds and 17 per catch. That is crazy good. He is not Andre Johnson but can take the defense away and go deep. He is a perfect #2 IF a team knows how to use him. Like many players he does well when contract on the line so use the contract to keep him sharp. A decent upfront bonus to set hook and realistic performance based bonuses that he can see are advantageous to him. He has to be convinced he will get the opportunities to shine. Definitely a "big play" guy. I think Steelers should have traded him.

Wallace- Hartline- Bowe.