View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 5.0: PreCombine Double Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Yep! That would be my choice too. My fear is that Williams will continue to rise but most will grade him out as an early to mid 2nd rounder, where he falls into that void. Question is, do we still take him in the 1st, or wait and try to move up in the 2nd? If this is the case, my guess is that we will go after a WR or ILB/OLB in the 1st, and then try to move up in the 2nd since we should have a bunch of compensatory picks later on. And this, obviously, opens up a whole new set of questions. Who else is looking for a NT like B. Williams and how far up do we have to go to get him? Who is there that wants to trade with us? How much (draft picks) is it going to take to move up?
This is a similar mentality that netted Posey in 3rd instead of Randell in the 2nd. I just don't think the Texans can risk being cute & bypass or lose a shot @ clearly superior WR prospects given state of franchise needs.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote