Thread: PreCombine
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PreCombine

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Should have clarified this is what I'd do not what I think Texans will do. This mock builds our Dline and safely lowers our age removing Smith and Walter. It also allows a stud WR to be signed. Martin may be the guy but has done little to instill confidence in me. I ruled Bailey out at first due to his size, but then realized he has same skill set as Patton who should go at least a round higher. I think Martin's best asset (like Holliday) was his return ability. We saw what happened with that end of season. IMO, we cannot hope our WR corps get better, we need to move.
I agree that cutting Walter and Smith to free up cap $$$$ is the way to go. I like the mock. I think there's a good chance to draft Patton early in the 3rd. I dont think he's going to run more than 4.55/4.6 at the combine.

Who would you like to see signed in FA? Give me Rames-Barden. He has the size that Gary likesin his WR's (A bigger better version of Walter.) Would you trade up to the top of the 3rd and take Patton or would you stay put and maybe draft a guy like Cobi Hamilton in the 3rd? He also has the size Gary looks for in a WR.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote