View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013   #39
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

[quote=badboy;2125658]I don't think he got a signing (upfront) bonus that was prorated. He gets an annual $1m but seems either roster or performance based. IMO based on known info there is no bonus to move up if cut. There should be a true $4.5m cap savings. Also, that amount can be added to other sums to go get a very good WR. Eliminate A Smith $6m & Walter's $4.5m = FA starter money. Does not include the $2.4m that we found out will be brought forward or any other contract re-works. If McNair wants to spend we should be able to greatly improve this roster.[/QUOTE

Yep

I would cut Walter and A.Smith, Draft Datone Jones and sign an up and coming WR like Rames-Barden. Then draft the best WR available in the 2nd rd. This would give the Texans a chance to have their best WR corps ever and possibly turn a weakness into a strength.

I would use the rest of the $$$$ saved on cutting A.Smith to bring in a vet NT like Casey Hampton. I know he's 35 but he was a very productive 2 down run stopper.

BoB probably wont be willing to do this.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote