Thread: PreCombine
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PreCombine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Hmmm! 2 D-linemen in first 2 rounds. While I like both of these players I'm not sure the Texans take this route, and then drafting a WR in the 3rd that's only listed at 5'10". Isn't Martin supposed to be that guy? I know Bailey has a lot of speed and good hands, but I'm just not sold on this. Like the other picks (especially Klein and Williams), just not sure if Williams will be there in the 6th for us.

Overall, I probably liked all the players you picked. Just don't think it will go down this way.
Should have clarified this is what I'd do not what I think Texans will do. This mock builds our Dline and safely lowers our age removing Smith and Walter. It also allows a stud WR to be signed. Martin may be the guy but has done little to instill confidence in me. I ruled Bailey out at first due to his size, but then realized he has same skill set as Patton who should go at least a round higher. I think Martin's best asset (like Holliday) was his return ability. We saw what happened with that end of season. IMO, we cannot hope our WR corps get better, we need to move.