View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Lead NFL.......in RUNS on 3rd And Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
We've had a thread where we discussed the Texans "Three and Out Percentages." Now we can look at......

Is it Kubiak's "unwillingness" to pass on 3rd and long due to his own insecurity in taking chances in general........or is it a function of recognizing his QB's limitations?

This piece I present below is from 2009 ADVANCEDNFLSTATS.COM can add some comparative perspective to the 3rd and long subject. I would also have to keep in mind that in just the last couple of years, I believe that we have seen a distinct trending of most teams to lean more to the passing game than in the past.

Run-Pass Imbalance on 2nd and 3rd Downs

Yes........

AND No!

To be honest, I didn't read the link. That said is there a chance (and you attorneys out there - you know who you are, might appreciate this) that it might be quite the opposite knowing these things:

A) The Texans are well aware of the league tendancies on 3rd and long
B) The Texans know that the league is well aware of league tendancies, and finally
C) The Texans have, if not the best RB in the league, one of the top 3 running backs in the league with Arian Foster.

IMO, the FAIL comes with Kubiak relying on the right side of the line which didn't always allow Arian Foster to do Arian Foster "things".