View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 5.0: PreCombine Double Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think I like Brandon Williams; he may or may not be there at our spot.

I like Marcus Davis, but with this many receivers available, he may go a little lower. With a comp pick in the third, however, I wouldn't mind taking him at all.
He has a long shot to become a number one since he's still raw at the position.

Letoito, I also think we can wait a little longer since it's not an absolute need and also because there are other guys out there, too.

Personally, I think this draft is pretty deep.
It's a good time for us, too.
I don't think the 2014 class is as good unless a lot of underclassmen come out.
Agreed

Even though I want to fix the offense 1st, if Datone Jones or Brandon Williams are there, you take them. BPA If the Texans were to pick Jones in the 1st and by some stroke of luck Williams fell to the 2nd, you take both of them. That would instantly improve the pass rush and against the run. If this were to happen would you cut A.Smith and sign a top tier FA WR? Or would you sign a guy like Rames-Barden and draft a guy like Hamilton or Tavares King in the 3-4th rd?

I haven't studied the 2014 draft at all. But I read that it's one of the best in a long time if you need an OT. This is why I think the Texans wont draft an OT high this yr. They might sign a low cost vet FA OT, run with Newton in 2013 and draft an OT in 2014. If they're smart. IMHO
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote