View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013   #118
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
How does next year's QB class look compared to these guys? Would it make sense for a team, like KC with Brady Quin, or Arizona with Kolb, to wait & decide on a QB next season?
I like a lot of things about A J McCarron, except that I have yet to see him complete a pass further than 40 yards from the LOS (and I have checked out all of those completions.)

On several of these "not-so-deep" balls, the receivers had to come back for it or wait for it.

I'd like to see an improvement in that area next year.

No matter what, it's still remarkable that he suffered only 3 INTs.
One bounced off the receivers' hands; one was a rub play where a receiver was supposed to pick off a defender - but failed - McCarron was throwing to a spot on this quick timing pattern it's prett much like a blind throw.

The third one was on a fade route near the end zone where he expected the receiver to stop, but the receiver had a different idea (going for a fade forward instead of a back-shoulder fade.)
I put this one on him still, as the CB was playing inside position and the pass was not thrown far enough toward the side line.

I have not watched enough of the other QBs, maybe Boyd (as I was looking at his two receivers.) He has some potential, but I don't see first round at the moment.

I haven't seen much of Bridgewater but from the little I saw, I was not impressed.

I did watched quite a bit of Murray in his sophomore year, but not last year.
The guy also has some potential, looking quite poise against strong SEC competition.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote