View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013   #10
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39309 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 5.0: PreCombine Double Mock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
man I like him too, dude is just a straight up mauler. if Texans had not spent a 3rd on Brooks last draft then I would be all in even if a few spots higher than he is projected.
He is. He is athletic, powerful, and cannot be pushed around. Imagine an OL where the interior have behemoths like Brooks and Warford. The Ngatas and Wilforks of the NFL will no longer be able to throw the Texans OL like rag dolls!

Quote:
I see you have him locked into second position both mocks, well if Texans want to address NT this looks more & more where they would need to select him. I see him as a more dynamic fit that Earl who if the season began tomorrow would be the starter. Therefore, I would support this pick in both mocks.
I would not be surprised if he kicked ass at the combine and then shot up into the first round. Big NTs with atheleticism, no injury history, and clean records tend to go high. The big knock on him was that he was a small school guy and didn't face elite competition. The Senior Bowl did a lot to show he has the stuff. If he is there in the second, I'd take him. A larger NT who can put pressure on the QB yet still be able to be a clog in the middle of the field is huge. If he can also tie up a couple of OL, that means someone else on the DL or a LB will have a free run at the QB. THAT is huge.

Quote:
I'll have to admit that I did not watch him enough to evaluate. Based off your breakdown he seems like a decent pick to add some speed & fortify the LB position with or without Barwin. I would probably opt for secondary here but still think you've selected a good player @ a position of need.
I think Barwin is as good as gone. Mercilus will step into the starting spot opposite Reed. Braman, Nading, and Porter would provide solid depth/rotation. Porter is not the second coming of Elvis Dumervil or Von Miller, but he is a talented pass rusher who represents good vlaue in the third.

Quote:
Big WR, a little slow in separation, doesn't run pro route tree but tons of potential. A better option to grab Hunter in first than another developmental receiver, but just my opinion.
Yes, he has tons of potential and represents something the Texans really do not have. Routes can certainly be improved and there are little tricks he can pick up that will help with separation.

Quote:
Arizona does produce some good QB prospects. I'm OK with him but like Dysert better.
I think he has a lot of potential. Frankly I think he is a better prospect than Yates. I would trade Yates(if I could) and draft him. Movement, arm, accuracy, and potential for picking up yards on the ground all make me think he is a good fit for this system.

Quote:
There are some good TE prospects in this draft just hope Texans hit on one of them?
This is a surprisingly good draft for TEs. I have a feeling that Casey will head for greener pastures ths removing TE 3 from the roster. I would not dump on Kubes for taking a TE this time around!

Quote:
Excellent ILB pick late, like it.
To me he is BPA and in a need of position. Hard to dislike him as a player.

Quote:
Punter a must. Really impressed with the UCLA kid however but Allen is a solid one for sure.
I am very impressed with Locke too. Unfortunately, I think he goes earlier. Last year the Jags took a punter in the 3rd round and he may have been their best player. With a precedent set, I could see Locke sneak into the 4th or 5th round.

Quote:
Another developmental OT pick. What are the odds than Mondek gets his shot next season?
The knock on Mondek is he couldn't make the PS. Newton and other later round OL developmental prospects have been able to stay on the PS all year. Considering how thin the Texans got at OT, Mondek should have been a lock to be on the PS. The fact that he couldn't stay on the PS suggests he may not be nearly as ready as Kubes and the coaching staff were hoping.

Quote:
Can't really go wrong with a football player like Boren. Would strengthen LB's & special teams. Plus can fill in FB role if needed.
That's what I like about him:versatility. As i previously said, I think Casey is on his way out. Clutte would be the only FB on the roster. I don't recall seeing him do anything of substance this year. Perhaps Boren can win the job outright?

Quote:
Of course excellent work once again, your just missing on the secondary
Thanks!

I just couldn't find a place to go with secondary. Where would you suggest I make a secondary pick?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote