View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013   #24
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I really like the Barden option. The kid for some reason just hasn't been given much of a chance in New York, but his size is something that can't can't be coached or taught and whenever I see him out on the field it seems like he produces. Had a very nice game against Carolina this year.

EDIT: probably shouldn't say he has produced especially in the regular season, but he has looked good in preseason and in his limited play in the regular season. I believe he's been nicked up some but he has a lot of upside.
I like Barden as well. The kid is big & fast & has shown some flashes in very limited action. He shouldn't be expensive & could be a high reward investment IMO. Outside of him the others that possibly fall into the same area as him are Gibson, Jerome Simpson, Devery Henderson, Cribbs,& Danario Alexander. The latter I believe is a restricted FA. Barden seems to have the most potential of that group IMO.

The draft has some potential, but I believe last years yielded more. I think the boat was missed on that one & once again Kubiak & the FO are a day late & a dollar short on properly addressing a need. Hopefully some wr's separate themselves from the pack at the combine, but then we have to hope of those that do that one of them will actually fall to the Texans in the draft. Wishful thinking to obtain someone who can step in on day 1 & produce, but we can hope.

The WR position is in need of an upgrade & I believe that only truly happens if Walter is completely out of the way. Kubiak refuses to give others a true opportunity w/ Walter being around as his security blanket. The WR group would be thin if Walter is let go, but I think it was worse off last season & they not only chose to release Jacoby, but cut Walter's pay as well. That says a lot & I expect the same to happen this offseason as Walter simply is not a #2 wr worth the money he is projected to make. It's time to cut ties w/ him.

Sign a FA w/ potential, such as Barden, that won't break the bank & draft a wr that has actually produced something worth noting in Division 1, not Lane College, as well as has played during his whole career at college as opposed to the players who have missed whole seasons for 1 reason or another. All the above would be a great start that actually might prove to some that kubiak & his FO are finally serious about addressing the wr appropriately. Which is not something that has been done in the past despite their multiple failed attempts IMO.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote