View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013   #7
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Last years draft was a perfect example, it was really deep at WR yet we traded out of the 2nd round when there were good WR's available to us and then took a guy who should have been a 6th round pick at best in the 3rd. That move will come back to haunt us and it looks like it's already starting to.

I think we address the issue in the draft, we've got no other choice.
I wouldn't hold trading back against them. Even after that only one receiver was chosen before their next pick (Rueben Randle) and he had an unsubstantial year. But yeah, the way they address it leaves something to be desired. Seems like we go for projects even in draft. Jones out of Lane college and Posey who missed an entire season were at the top of our receiver picks. Come on...

Two that did well that we missed on were T.Y. Hilton which of course come back to bite us in the backside and Chris Givens. But it's hindsight at this point though I originally liked Givens so was a bit peeved when we didn't pick him. Heh, I would have been surprised if this team rolled the dice and went for Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft but of course not bias on that one since he's a friend of the family.

Definitely looks like draft is the way we have to go again though I would really rather a free agent WR since rookies usually take time to develop at this position.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote