View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

The Texans have alot of holes right now and with our salary cap situation I don't think there's any way we fill them all with good or even decent players. We're going into next season with a few team weaknesses plain and simple. We don't have the money to properly address WR in FA unless we make some painful cuts elsewhere on the team. I honestly think that this offseason could be even bloodier than last with all the cuts that may get made. Also the fact that McNair is making his opinion known publicly regarding WR, tells me that he's not real happy with Smithiak right now and the fact that the WR position hasn't been fixed when it's been an obvious issue to everyone in the NFL. Using the "bargain hunting pattern" that Kubiak has used the last few year to fix the problem hasn't worked, and I'm thinking it's really irritating McNair. Last years draft was a perfect example, it was really deep at WR yet we traded out of the 2nd round when there were good WR's available to us and then took a guy who should have been a 6th round pick at best in the 3rd. That move will come back to haunt us and it looks like it's already starting to.

I think we address the issue in the draft, we've got no other choice.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote