View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans #2 WR position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Everybody knows this is an issue, but finding solutions are harder.

I frame the issue here:

Options, pessimism about 2013 Texans #2 wide receiver position

Framing the issue doesn't mean solving it, but it is hard to discuss things without a framework of what is possible/feasible.

Maybe I'm just grumpy at the beginning of February on this subject, but this topic puts me in a grim mood. Are there reasons to be less grumpy about this? Your ideas welcome.
Nice write up as usual, Steph.

Grumpy/grim probably is not an unreasonable mood to be in at this point. Our bargain hunting pattern for WRs over the years are no more likely to produce results this year. On top of that, it is hard to feel comfortable that even with the addition of that "it" WR, we can't be guaranteed that the ball will ever be "delivered" effectively to make such a move significantly productive this upcoming season. As McNair has made a public statement that he essentially feels the WR position needs to be given attention, while looking at our Cap situation this year and next, and our diffuse needs, I more expect to see a window dressing WR appear on the 2013 Texans..... I hope that I am wrong. But, meanwhile, along with you, Steph, I can't help but remain somewhat cynical, grim and grumpy.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote