View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013   #53
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WRs who might be in the 2013 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I would be interested in how you measure this?
I look at all the deep passes.
Deep outs/corner routes and inside post routes or seam routes.

I note where the LOS is and where the QB is; whether it's a seven step drop from under center or a 5 step drop from the gun, or a roll out, etc.; whether the QB has to throw a transcontinental pass or a pass across his body.
I time and note where the ball is at 3 sec, 4 sec, and 5 sec.

If it's a post route on a straight drop back, then the distance is a straight line (basically) downfield. There's the distance from the LOS to where the receiver catches the ball (about chest high), and there's the distance from the QB to that spot.

If it's a deep out or a corner route with the QB in the pocket (in the center or on the hashmarks, wherever), then I note that and adjust the measurement with a simple trigonometry formula.

If it's a transcontinental pass (or any pass that was thrown across the body) then I make a note of it as well.

I have most of the games, and on the fews that I don't have, I look it up on ESPN game highlights and youtube highlights.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote