View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OG Brisiel rumored as a cut candidate,HOU interested?

Injury waiting to happen. Can't bring him back because of some nostalgia factor.

I agree with GoldenSilence in terms of Ben Jones. He would have one play where he owned his assignment, then a play where he fell down. I think he's got the tools to grow and become more consistent on the OL.

I think Newton gets there, too. Both those guys look like keepers, IMO.

Give them both an off-season to catch their breath (they were thrown onto the OL and had to keep chugging all season long). Camp, preseason reps, and the knowledge that they endured a tough season a year ago....I think they'll do well.

I can't foresee us bringing Brisiel back unless it's a vet minimum and he understands he's just depth with an outside shot of being the main G if things go south with Ben. No way do you bring him back with ideas that he's the starter right out of the gate. Ben Jones needs those reps.