View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013   #27
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: KFFL Notes on Quin, Barwin & Cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
My nephew talks to Barwin a local bar they both go to (my nephew had been a bar tender there), and Barwin told him on Sunday night that he know he had a bad season and is willing to take a one year deal to prove last year was a fluke. He also thinks he put on to much weight last season and that cost him some quickness.

He also said that if some team threw him a big offer he would take it. He is not dumb.
This might be the best option for the Texans. Barwin gets a 1 yr deal to prove himself. Move Reed to ILB (Not as thrilled about this as some.) Draft another OLB in the early rounds (1 or 2) to develop behind/rotate with Mercilus and Barwin. Then, if Barwin doesn't prove himself, you have someone to step in. If he does prove himself, he will probably opt for the big $$$ and leave like Mario, and we'll have someone to step in just like Mercilus did when Mario left. I still think the Texans will need to draft an ILB in the mid to later rounds for better depth and ST play.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote