View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013   #26
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: KFFL Notes on Quin, Barwin & Cody

Franchise Tag on Quinn? I like the guy and how well he fits what this scheme wants from him. He's really done pretty much whatever the team has needed him to do and that's been big. I agree signing him is a priority this offseason, but the tag? I mean if I thought he was an elite FS I'd say no brainer, but he's not elite. Versatile? Def. Elite? Nope.

The bigger concern I have though is that if he does walk that the FO would whiff on really addressing the spot leaving is with Keo annd Demps, which are closer to in the box safeties and are constantly burnt when asking to cover.

If Barwin had a season closer to last year he'd get good money, but he really struggled this year and the sacks, or lack of doesn't paint the entire picture. I liked what I began to see from Mercilus down the stretch and I think he could easily challenge for a starting spot next year which would leave Barwin as depth. Of course this is still pending what the staff decides to do with Reed at LB this coming season. I'd be happy if they offered Barwin a one year deal and he went back to last year's playing weight. Still not sure if Braman is ready for more snaps or has the tools to be an every down player.

I'm content with letting Cody leave, physically he doesn't bring something you can't replace though I will miss on the nose.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote