View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: OG Brisiel rumored as a cut candidate,HOU interested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
What gets me is people having problems with BoB paying Harvin. They act like it's their $$$$. Deals like the on Harvin wants gets done every yr. In fact it seems like one of the teams the Texans are paying are willing to trade for Harvin and pay him. (Pats)
I'm just speaking for myself. If it were just the money I'd have an issue paying Harvin $10M/yr. I wouldn't have a problem giving him $10M guaranteed over 3 years. I wouldn't have a problem giving him $15M guaranteed over 3 years.

But I don't want to pay him $10M/yr. Not my money. But my team can only give out so many of those $10M/yr contracts. We have to use them wisely.

Then when you throw in a 2nd & a 4th... again, we have to use them wisely. I wouldn't be opposed to a 2nd & he plays out his contract. He can cash out now, to the tune of $15M guaranteed over three years, but any more than that..... I'm not interested. So if we end up trading for a player who will sit out.... pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
That mentality is why the Pats are ahead and will stay ahead of the Texans.

BTW, I wouldn't sign Harvin due to his injury problems.
If the Patriots aren't going to pay Welker $10M/yr, they aren't going to pay Harvin $10M/yr. But the Patriots are bonafide contenders. He'll probably play the remainder of his contract with them & not threaten to sit out, where he would with us.

By-the-by, the Patriots let Ocho Cinco sit on the bench for an entire season, Another luxury, I don't think we would have had. We aren't the Patriots.