View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: OG Brisiel rumored as a cut candidate,HOU interested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
It's the classic "bash the ex-Texan" silliness imo. I haven't seen too many complaints concerning Winston's play this past season & as you stated Charles was playing very well running behind him.
What did you think of Newton/Harris & Jones/Brooks?

85 yards & 10 TDs that's the what separates Charles & Foster this season. Charles ran for 85 more yards & Arian had 10 more TDs.

Just to illustrate there can be "issues" on the OL & still have a badass running the ball.

BTW, I don't think there is a problem with Winston's play side run blocking. I even think that is easiest for young players to pick up. There's not a whole lot of difference between the ZBS & a power scheme on the play side of a stretch play.

I don't think Winston was the most willing cut blocker. I feel his play on the backside improved 10 fold since his rookie year, but I felt he is a reluctant cut blocker, he'll do it if he got beat, but it was always, imo, a day late & a dollar short.

But my biggest criticism of Winston was his pass blocking. I thought Butler was easily better & a rookie couldn't be much worse.