View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013   #55
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Minnesota Vikings: Percy Harvin Could Be Traded

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
First off I would love to have Harvin. I do have concerns about attitude but would take the gamble on that. But the compensation in picks and money is just outside the Texans' reach.

Not sure where you get the bold. Double what he was doing last year and you don't get close to AJ or CJ. Harvin has never topped 1000 yds receiving. AJ had a better rookie year than any Harvin has had so far and that was with Carr throwing to him.

I'd like to have him on the team but I think he is and will be dramatically over valued.
Players always seem to be just outside othe Texans reach. Which one is it? If he would make the team better I'm would be all for signing Harvin up. Overvalued is in the eye of the beholder.

BTW, after reading Docs post on Harvins injury history I would pass on him.

But it appears the Pats are going to try to trade for Harvin. We're chasing the Pats, does them getting Harvin and the Texans put them farther ahead of the Texans?

See, the thing is teams like the Pats either, A manage their cap better or B are willing to take chances the Texans are not. This explains part of the difference between the 2 orgs. The Texans say they want to emulate the Pats org. But do they really? Because their actions aren't ringing true to their words. They operate nothing like the Pats.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote