View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013   #49
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South Team needs according to PFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So who starts next to Cushing? If you move Reed to ILB, who starts at SOLB if you let Barwin go?

I don't want to pay Barwin more than $5M for 2013, but I'm going to start at $2M & try to land him for $3. If we're not successful, then we've got a hole at ILB (because we can't move Reed) & outside pass rusher.... Reed is not a pass rusher.

I'm ok with starting Sharpton, & Dobbins, but not what I consider ideal.
That's the $54,000,000 question for the Texans. No one can answer who starts next to who for the Texans until the Barwin saga works itself out. My guess is, if they lose Barwin (high probability), they keep Reed at OLB with Mercilus and draft an ILB (rd 1 or 2) to play next to Cush, and draft another OLB in mid rounds to rotate the others. If Barwin resigns (low probability IMO), they move Reed to ILB, draft another OLB early (rd 1 or 2), and draft another ILB in the mid rounds as backup and ST.

As for Sharpton and Dobbins, they could keep both as backups and ST, but Sharpton's injury history could come into play if it comes down to a numbers game. I'm not sure he makes the team. Dobbins I think they keep.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote