View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans - 2.4 Million Cap Carryover for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm not aware of any way for a team to spend money on a new contract between January and March and have it count for the previous league year. Future/reserve contracts signed during that time are made for the next season, which starts in March. Their cap hits will be added to the next year.

Cap carryover must be declared before the deadline, which is usually the end of February. If nothing is declared, then the money is not carried over for future use. The PFT report said the Texans and Chargers were the only teams in 2011 that did not carry over any money. If the Texans want to carryover this 2.4 million into 2013, they need to submit the paperwork before the end of this month. It will be interesting to see what they do, because we were cap strapped last year, and apparently 1 million wasn't worth the effort, so let's see if 2.4 million is.
CT in post #2 linked that this season teams had to notify league by December 2012 if going to roll over. I guess that means they did? IIRC, in the first two seasons (2011 & '12) a team could use a few million (more in 11, about $1.5m '12)to use towards a vet FA on their team per new CBA. Texan did not use, I think. Not sure why we have not seen any of our own FAs being addressed. Thought they'd at least be in negotiations with Quin and Casey.