View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013   #35
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Minnesota Vikings: Percy Harvin Could Be Traded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Those first and second round picks are very valuable and since they are now salary slotted are a major way of cap management Also the salary cap and NFL rules are very trade prohobitive .... I would be hard pressed to give up a #1 or #2 for any player in the league (save for the obvious stars).

You look at what other players have been moved for - Brandon Marshall (third I believe) Demeco (5th) and a host of others .... history says picks are worth more than even established players in most cases.

If Minny is to move Harvin , I dont see them having a lot of leverage against those teams inolved. I think he could be had for a 3rd rounder or less.

As for Harvin being a headcase , I think the no nonsense attitude of many of the guy's on this roster along with Kubiak being a hardass even if you guy's dont see it or the media portrays him otherwise would keep him in line.

I dont know that McNair would sign off on that deal tho .....
I consider Harvin to be a star type player,so I wouldn't have a problem giving up a 2nd,although I see your point. He would be a perfect fit for a rag armed QB like Schaub. He's great at running bubble screens drags and stuff close to the LOS. Harvin is a threat to score a TD any time he has the ball in hisands. Whether it's out wide, in the slot or in the backfield. The Texans have never really had a weapon like Harvin. I can only dream about how Gary would use him all over the field.

You need a WR/KR? Harvin is one of the best. Although he hasn't been PR much anymore.

The Bears gave up two 3rds for Marshall. Think they would do that deal again? I view Harvin in the same light as Marshall. Harvins problems with coaches/management all go back to him wanting a new contract. So I dont see him as being a lockeroom problem.

I cant see BoB trading for a guy like Harvin either. It might be to traumatic to bring in a guy like Harvin at 10 mil per year.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote