View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Minnesota Vikings: Percy Harvin Could Be Traded

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Last offseason when Harvin was rumored to be on the block I suggested the Texans trade for Harvi and most people on the MB said no he wouldn't be worth a 1st rd pick.

I wonder how those people feel about Harvin after an MVP type season? I would rather cut all of the Texans FA's except Quin if it meant adding Harvin.
Those first and second round picks are very valuable and since they are now salary slotted are a major way of cap management Also the salary cap and NFL rules are very trade prohobitive .... I would be hard pressed to give up a #1 or #2 for any player in the league (save for the obvious stars).

You look at what other players have been moved for - Brandon Marshall (third I believe) Demeco (5th) and a host of others .... history says picks are worth more than even established players in most cases.

If Minny is to move Harvin , I dont see them having a lot of leverage against those teams inolved. I think he could be had for a 3rd rounder or less.

As for Harvin being a headcase , I think the no nonsense attitude of many of the guy's on this roster along with Kubiak being a hardass even if you guy's dont see it or the media portrays him otherwise would keep him in line.

I dont know that McNair would sign off on that deal tho .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote