View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013   #15
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans have 5th easiest schedule next year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Remember in 2004 when we went 7-9, which at the time was a ground-breaking season for a fledgling franchise and we had hopes of .500 or better the next year?

I fear a big setback is on the horizon. Certainly not 2-14 as was experienced in 2005, but an unacceptable setback (per fans after the fact).

Please Texans, give me something. This offseason reminds me of other Houston teams too happy with the pards that came close but didn't quite do it. The solution was to keep these good, milk-drinking, talented guys together because they "can do it."

Meanwhile in other parts of Gotham ...............
Why do you feel this way? The only notable free agent that could possibly leave Houston is Connor Barwin, and he only had three sacks last year. Houston will have a healthy Brian Cushing, a more experienced O-line (Jones and Brooks) and a boatload of rookies coming in (I believe the Texans have 11 draft picks). Outside of injuries, I don't see many reasons for the Texans to regress next year.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote