View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013   #33
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR in the 1st round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Yes he was, Sorry I left him out.

Do you think my post was pretty accurate?
You are right about drafting a great player and above average players on respective draft year and it is more crucial than ever for us to draft the above mentioned players(multiple number of great to above average per draft year) to continue to be atop of AFC South, consistent playoff team and SB contender.

In comparison with other NFL teams, are we successful in drafting players since Rick took over as GM? I know it will be very difficult to evaluate since each team in its own unique situation when new GM takes over the team like there are teams in need to fill many holes and some are lesser holes to fill. So teams with many holes to fill has more chance for rooks to stick with the team but, that doesn't mean you drafted many good players in that particular draft year. It just means you only had a few talented players to begin with and needed to replace players on roster due to age,budget and, etc. situation. Also, how this GM does in FA, UDFA, Trade and coaches hired to this equation. It will be very hard to evaluate but I just wonder how Rick is doing in overall performance as GM.

Rd 1 Amobi Okoye
3 Jacoby Jones
4 Fred Bennett
5 Brandon Harrison
5 Brandon Frye
6 Kasey Studdard
7 Zac Diles

Rd 1 Duane Brown
3 Antwaun Molden
3 Steve Slaton
4 Xavier Adibi
5 Frank Okam
6 Dominique Barber
7 Alex Brink

Rd 1 Brian Cushing
2 Connor Barwin
3 Antoine Caldwell
4 Glover Quin
4 Anthony Hill
5 James Casey
6 Brice McCain
7 Troy Nolan

Rd 1 Kareem Jackson
2 Ben Tate
3 Earl Mitchell
4 Daryl Sharpton
4 Farrett Graham
5 Sherrick McManis
6 Shelley Smith
6 Trindon Holliday
7 Drin Dickerson

Rd 1 J.J. Watt
2 Brooks Reed
2 Brandon Harris
4 Rashad Carmichael
5 Shiloh Keo
5 T.J. Yates
7 Derek Newton
7 Cheta Ozougwu

Rd 1 Whitney Mercilus
3 Devier Posey
3 Brandon Brooks
4 Ben Jones
4 Keshawn Martin
4 Jared Crick
5 Randy Bullock
6 Nick Mondek

Key FA and UDFA signing in the past;
Antonio Smith, J Jo, Manning, Foster, Leach
Cody Started for us so there and enjoying watching ON THE NOSE and some kickers and punters.

Last edited by SAMURAITEXAN; 02-11-2013 at 01:07 AM.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote