View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: WR in the 1st round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
How can you feel good about Posey? He was a below avg WR who was getting better and may have become a starting WR. Now he has the worst injury possible for a WR and if he makes it back he probably wont be the WR that he was, much less what he could've been.
I was ready to give up on him for the same reasons you mentioned, but then someone reminded me that Demaryius Thomas suffered the same injury in February, but was running routes in OTAs. He had a fairly decent 2011, but exploded in 2012. Right now, I'm putting Posey on that track. I think Posey is first round talent that we got a deal on. I'm projecting him as our #2WR, #3 at worst.

Quote:
I haven't given up on Whitney he has the ability to be an above avg starter and we should see improvement this yr. Crick's ceiling is a serviceable starter but not a difference maker. (Slightly better than Bulman) Martin is a dime a dozen 5th WR on most teams.
I'm hoping Crick can eventually be Antonio's replacement. I don't know if you think Antonio is a difference maker, but I think he's a very important cog in our wheel. I don't expect Crick to ever play to Watt's level, but he'll have to command attention opposite the big guy.
Quote:
The Colts are gaining on us because Luck is light yrs ahead of Schaub and is only going to get better. According to Doc (Who's opinion I trust) This yr is as good as it's going to get for Schaub and this yr wasn't even good enough to sweep Indy. (I know you disagree) They already have all of their skill players in place (I know Wayne is getting older but in 1 yr they were able to add 2 young playmaking WR's, 2 young TE's of the future and a solid in all phases RB in Ballard.) They also have their 2 young OT's. Grigson did this all in one yr. It makes me think if Grigson keeps this up they will pass the Texans up in 2 yrs. As a rookie GM Grigson is already light yrs ahead of Rick.
The future for the Colts is bright, I do not disagree. But I'm going to wait till next year to see how they repeat. There's more to winning than gathering talent. We know this more than most.

You kept saying "young" in your response. That's their greatest strength, it's also the biggest issue they will have to overcome.

Quote:
The Colts were ready to make traumatic changes (Firing one of the best GM's in the NFL Polian and bring in a young gun like Grigson to set a new tone for their org. for yrs to come.) Meanwhile the Texans are avoiding traumatic change at all cost. (Do you think BoB would've fired Polian?)

It goes alot deeper than just this, it goes from changing coaching staffs and scouting staffs etc... I mean why does Coach Joe still have a job? The Colts just have a different mentality than the Texans do. The one thing that may be the Texans saving grace for a couple of yrs is I believe losing Arians will set the Colts program back a couple of yrs.
You make solid points. I don't want to take anything away from them & I'm definitely not trying to change your mind about anything. I was generally curious to your reasoning. However, this sounds too much like, "everybody else does everything right, the Texans do everything wrong." thinking to me. & that's fine.

But there are a hundred ways to skin a cat. The Texans aren't following my game plan & neither are the Colts. There were 10 NFL headcoaching changes in 2006. Today, only three of those coaches haven't been fired. They are also the most successful of those 10 franchises. Two of the 3 have won Super Bowls since then & the third was considered the favorite for much of the 2012 season (I know, not a big accomplishment, but it's what we've got). The other teams are still trying to build a foundation.

As far as Coach Joe goes, I do not necessarily believe firing a guy is the only way to hold him accountable. 6 years ago we thought Coach Joe was among the best STs coaches in the league. What's changed? Has the game passed him by? Has he lost interest? Were there extenuating circumstances that we didn't know about in these people's lives? Was he dealing with a divorce? Got a troubled kid? Was there a death in the family? Did he fall off the Wagon?

I don't know why they didn't fire Coach Joe. I'm not going to judge the decision until I see next season's product.