View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: AFC South Team needs according to PFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Kevin Sumlin.
I'd love it if we replaced an aggie with an aggie.

Not saying that is the main reason so many people don't like Kubiak, but I guarantee the doom & gloom won't go away.

Quote:
But hey, let's face it ObsiWan....when someone on here says "Tell me who you'd get!" it doesn't mean "Supply me with a reasonable candidate, with a reasonable explanation of why" (which I provided). No, you really meant to say "No matter who you name, I'll shoot that name down...because I've made up my mind that there isn't anybody good enough to replace Kubiak."

I've yet to see someone who plays the Name-Me-A-Guy game actually play along in a sporting manner. It's always used as a tip-off, as argument bait, to get someone to name a name so you can lambast it and advance the idea that people are just griping to gripe and don't really have a clue.
That's not what I'm thinking when I use the "name me a guy" rebuttal. It's usually because I don't think there is a guy who is available, or who would come to Houston. We like to think if we throw enough money out there, we could get anyone we want. & while that's true & there's a limit to how much money you can/should offer a player, I believe there are some people who won't come to Houston for any amount of money.

Usually those are your top FA & coaching prospects. Nnamdi Asomugha was never coming to Houston for the simple fact that it is Houston. In the middle of nowhere (relatively speaking) & haven't won crap (not even a play off appearance at that time). & Cowher was never coming here for the same reason. Sure, he'll float the Texans as a possible destination, using McNair's big pockets to start the bidding war (that never happened).

Quote:
You honestly, swear an oath to the Texans, 100% in-your-bones believe that there isn't ANYBODY out there who could replace Gary Kubiak??????????????
I think it is important to understand where we were when Kubiak got here. We had less than nothing as an organization. From top to bottom, this was not an organization built to win a championship. As a game day manager, Gary has some deficiencies, and our FO has made some mistakes since Gary brought in his people. But overall, Gary has done an amazing job, imo, doing in 5 years what it's taken organizations like the 49ers, Lions, Cardinals, Dolphins 10 years to do.

I don't know that Gary has taken us as far as he can. I do understand that it is part of the discussion now for a reason.

I would not be opposed to changing coaches right now, maybe we are ready for our Jon Gruden.

But I know the odds of us finding our Jon Gruden are astronomical. Jon Gruden most likely wouldn't be that guy a second time around. He couldn't get a Super Bowl team back to the Super Bowl & struggled getting them back to the play offs. He was fired for a reason.

If we did make a coaching change I would not surprised if we went 4-12. I also wouldn't be surprised if Gary & the Texans finished 4-12 next season anyway.

We've yet to establish a tradition of winning, but I think we are well on our way.