View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: WR in the 1st round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Rick has hit on a few draft picks, but nothing to brag about. Look at last yrs draft, nice draft, no difference makers. Brooks is the best bet to become an all pro player. There rest are nice players but will probably be avg to slightly above avg players.
I feel good about Posey, Jones, & Brooks, but haven't given up on Whitney, Crick, or Martin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The problem with this is the Colts are gaining on them fast. They have their QB of the future, they're a good young team that is only going to get better and they are 44 mil under the cap this yr. Tell me more about the Texans cap situation under Ricks watch? The Texans may be able to hold off the Colts one more yr.

I've got a feeling this team has peeked. They need to have a great draft in the lower rds this yr to be able to keep up with what the Colts are doing. Grigson is playing to win and win big.

Rick has been an avg GM and the Texans need to pick it up on draft days. Adding 2-3 avg starters a yr isn't going to cut it if they want to stay a top the division. Rick needs to draft one difference maker a yr and 2-3 above avg starters a yr. Can he do it? Time will tell. But I can certainly see how diehard fans such as She Texan are frustrated with Rick and dont like the direction the franchise appears to be headed.
First, I think there is a lot more to building a championship team than the draft. For instance, the Ravens FA acquisitions were as important to their most recent Super Bowl as any of their draft picks. Bolden, Leach, & Pollard are as much Baltimore Ravens as any of their draft picks....... & then there's Jacoby.

I don't think much of Rick Smith myself, but I'd love to hear you break down how the Colts are gaining on us after 1 season. They've got Luck..... what else?