View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013   #37
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South Team needs according to PFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm; taking dead aim at GP's assertion that we need a new head coach.

I look around at who is available - Cowher said, I'm not coming back" so he ain't on the list - and I don't really see anyone that I'd swap Kubiak for.

Jon Gruden? Naah... once the team Dungy built in Tampa left, he did nothing.

Lovie Smith? Meh...

Ken Whisenhunt?... ummm, nope

Pat Shurmur?
Jim Caldwell?
Romeo Crennel?

No, no, and no.

You tell me, who is available that you would go after in place of Kubiak?
Kevin Sumlin.

I don't need Johnny Football to tag along, I just want the guy who is the one coaching those teams. The UH team who rose to Top 3, IIRC, a couple of years ago with *ahem* Case Keenum at QB, and now the A&M Aggies whom everyone said would get destroyed in the SEC...yet politely kicked the door in and made themselves firmly at home there.

I want a coach who can go from one place to another and find instant success in completely different settings each time.

Reason #2: He definitely satisfies the NFL's Rooeny Rule for hiring minority head coaching candidates. That would be a feather in the cap of McNair. So there's another plus.

Reason #3: He has a QB on this roster already whom he knows very well, Case Keenum, and he'd find the parts that utilizes Keenum's strengths. Frankly, I would find it so funny if we DID end up hiring Sumlin considering how Kubiak was the one who signed Keenum.

To me, Kevin Sumlin is that guy. And you'd have two former UH guys coaching the team: Sumlin and Phillips. Perfect setup for McNair's marketing team.

But hey, let's face it ObsiWan....when someone on here says "Tell me who you'd get!" it doesn't mean "Supply me with a reasonable candidate, with a reasonable explanation of why" (which I provided). No, you really meant to say "No matter who you name, I'll shoot that name down...because I've made up my mind that there isn't anybody good enough to replace Kubiak."

I've yet to see someone who plays the Name-Me-A-Guy game actually play along in a sporting manner. It's always used as a tip-off, as argument bait, to get someone to name a name so you can lambast it and advance the idea that people are just griping to gripe and don't really have a clue.

You honestly, swear an oath to the Texans, 100% in-your-bones believe that there isn't ANYBODY out there who could replace Gary Kubiak??????????????

Cue the Keyshawn Johnson soundbite.