View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 207192 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: KFFL Notes on Quin, Barwin & Cody

Offseason Forecast: Houston Texans

Quote:
FS Glover Quin: Arguably the highest-priority signing for the Texans. Quin is an ideal fit for Wade Phillips' scheme and could be franchise tagged. Take a look at this year's Pro Bowl rosters -- top-tier safeties are rare. If he walks -- and we expect him to be retained -- opponents will thrive through the air.
Don't know that I agree with all the other "key" players.

Wonder how much of our remaining cap space will have to go to "peripheral costs" like IR, PS, etc. Seems like, as things stand, we are going into this season with virtually no money without "creative" budgeting and heavy duty arm twisting. With what the appearance of our cap is, unless we hit it right on almost every Draft pick (ones that are close to "game ready"), we're going to have a real hard time of going into the season as good let alone better than the team we had last year. I just hope we don't get so "creative" with back-loaded renegotiated contracts that we go into a Cap Hell worse in 2014 and 2015, than we have experienced in 2011 and 2012. Though, I haven't appreciated any Cap geniuses on this team yet.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote