View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #40
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First four picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Walter's contract still has $2 million left of his bonus to amortize. Cutting him saves $2.5 million off the cap. But if he were to accept a salary reduction again to $2 million, that would save $1.5 million. Thus you could keep Walter for an additional $1 million. Don't be surprised if this occurs. Kubiak likes having Walter around.
That's why I qualified that statement; think we discussed his contract earlier. Wasn't sure his "roster" bonus would be prorated. $3.5m base +1 prorated= $4.5 cap. I agree I'd rather have him if he reduces.