View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #35
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First four picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

Appreciate all comments and views but for now I'm sticking with ILB and a Nose in second.
I just dont think there is value in drafting an ILB in the late first when there are several who will be available in the 3rd round with the same type of potential as any taken in rounds 1-2.

I'd take a WR , NT/DT or RT (Possibly a safety) in those first two rounds and look to fill the ILB spot in the third. The talent doesnt drop off .... none of these guys are really the complete package and all have different skillsets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Walter's contract still has $2 million left of his bonus to amortize. Cutting him saves $2.5 million off the cap. But if he were to accept a salary reduction again to $2 million, that would save $1.5 million. Thus you could keep Walter for an additional $1 million. Don't be surprised if this occurs. Kubiak likes having Walter around.
I could see that happening especially with Posey being out for who knows how long , possibly the entire season. Keeping Walter at a reduced rate means you dont have to replace two WR's .... Just one , you can let him walk in the following offseason when Posey is able to return (maybe).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote