View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: AFC South Team needs according to PFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
For what it's worth both Barwin and Reed are pretty good at setting the edge against the run. Of course you want your OLBs to be better pass rushers than both of those guys, but it is what it is.
On the strong side, I'd be happy if they avg 5 sacks a year, along with a ton of pressure, forcing the QB to step up into Watt & Smith...

I'm watching the Jets' Monday night game. They just mentioned that Smith had a career high 6.5 sacks in 2011. That means he's had season highs two years running. 2011 with 6.5 & 2012 with 7. Again it should be assumed there are a ton of pressures coming from him as well.

& we're talking about cutting his pay. In the 4-3, I thought we overpaid for him, he did not perform up to his contract. But since we've gone to a 3-4 he's been amazing. His cap number may be a little high for a 3-4 DE. But for a team leader & a big part of our pass rush, I think he's earned his money. I understand the need to lower his cap number, but the man is money.

This has nothing to do with our OLB situation, I'm just watching the game a little under the influence & I tend to ramble a bit.