View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: AFC South Team needs according to PFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I agree we need more pass rushers on this team, and a lot of this will hinge on Barwin and his contract. If Barwin wants too much or too many years, I say, let him go. The Texans don't need to tie up a lot of money on him, or players like him, and then not have enough for JJ Watt, Cushing, Manning, and others when it comes time to sign them. I would rather the Texans go after GQ and McCain, let Barwin go, and draft another pass rusher in the 1st or 2nd round.

As for some of the others you mentioned, I think Sharpton will have a hard time making this team next year due to his injury history. He seems to be injured a lot in his short time here and I think that could play into the Coaches decision. I think they bring Dobbins back, if for nothing else than depth and ST. Mr Alexander, I don't know what will happen to him. It will probably come down to his value on ST and how many OLB's they keep.
So who starts next to Cushing? If you move Reed to ILB, who starts at SOLB if you let Barwin go?

I don't want to pay Barwin more than $5M for 2013, but I'm going to start at $2M & try to land him for $3. If we're not successful, then we've got a hole at ILB (because we can't move Reed) & outside pass rusher.... Reed is not a pass rusher.

I'm ok with starting Sharpton, & Dobbins, but not what I consider ideal.