View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #32
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First four picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This was my point'

I would faint if we had that draft. In a good way!!! People can blast you all they want but that would be a great draft and improve both the defense and the offense.

Short is a lot like Smith and would be a solid replacement.

Williams is more than a step up over Cody.

Bailey gives us the slot WR we have never had. Someone with the ability to get separation and someone who is really good after the catch.

Need to research Slay more.

I really like what Alonzo brings to the table. Good match next to Cushing.

Not to mention what the money save by letting go of Smith could allow us to do in FA. Im a big fan of Smith's but sometimes you have to make these type of decisions. Last year for example.
If we drafted Stedman Bailey and signed a FA WR for #2 spot, we could cut Walter saving $3.5m. (Since his $5m bonus was a first year roster rather than signing bonus, I'm not sure if it was prorated for cap.)