View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #31
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102890 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First four picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Agreed but not when we have so many other needs..now if Lane Johnson fell..maybe. No other OT interests me.
This was my point'

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Mussop, not so much hung up on labels as how I see things playing out. I think Phillips would play our NT more like a true 3-4 IF he had the talent there. He has adapted as he did when he moved Quin into a LB role. I feel as if I appear to be denigrating Short but just want to compare apples to apples. In a PM with my draft mock partners, we discuss same issues. I see Short as someone who could replace Antoine very quickly allowing GM to use that money for FA WR. I was blasted for suggesting Short & Williams, lol.

1. Short DT (Smith) 2. B. Williams NT 3a Steadman Bailey WR 3b.Darrius Slay S/CB 4. Kiko Alonzo ILB (five spots)with that Dline I would not be concerned with starting Alonzo next to Cushing.
I would faint if we had that draft. In a good way!!! People can blast you all they want but that would be a great draft and improve both the defense and the offense.

Short is a lot like Smith and would be a solid replacement.

Williams is more than a step up over Cody.

Bailey gives us the slot WR we have never had. Someone with the ability to get separation and someone who is really good after the catch.

Need to research Slay more.

I really like what Alonzo brings to the table. Good match next to Cushing.

Not to mention what the money save by letting go of Smith could allow us to do in FA. Im a big fan of Smith's but sometimes you have to make these type of decisions. Last year for example.