View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #29
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First four picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Short is a fast twitch type of prospect. every position has them. to find that in a 300 pounder + with those type of movement skills will drive his draft stock higher. Senior Bowl measurements 6'3" 315. He could also play DE in the 3-4. This versatility to play multiple positions as a front line starter should all but lock his grade into 1st. Grade = Value = Need = Slot = #27.
This is why Short will be gone by 27.

Hankins and Jenkins scare me to death. All of these NT's havelarge bust potential. Give me a later rd NT like Gaethers/Arby Jones/Hughes. They all have ability and the risk factor goes down.

If I were the Texans I would bring Casey Hampton home and draft Montori Hughes in the 5/6th rd. My DT rotation would be Hampton/Mitchell/Hughes.

A vet, a great depth guy and a guy with potential to be great but has time to learn theins and outs of the NFL. Hughes learning under Hampton would be an ideal situation.

BTW, if I had to pick a NT in the 1st rd it would be Short. Even ahead of Star.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote