View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #25
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First four picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...es.html&page=2

308 lbs. I watched Short at Senior Bowl and was very impressed, don't remember seeing him at the Nose. It is like watching a corner and projecting he should be good at safety because he plays hard. You could hit jackpot but depending on player most will choose a player who has played safety. An example would be Quin who was drafted to play corner but was rated #7 safety coming out of college when drafted. He played CB but is much better safety.

As for as his taking plays off, he would do much better on a team where he has something to strive for (SB) and fiery teammates.

Appreciate all comments and views but for now I'm sticking with ILB and a Nose in second.
I have no problem with that at all. Give me Minter in the first and Williams in the second and I'm a happy camper. Those are my two positions I want filled in the first and second round. I see them as our biggest needs and from what I have gathered researching the draft up until now, should be depleted after two rounds of solid talent.

In other words the drop off of talent after the second round at either position is severe.

I still don't understand your hang up with labels. Just because its called NT in our defensive scheme doesn't mean its required to have traditional NT responsibilities. Go back and watch some or our games. The "NT" really plays more like a 4/3 DT in Wades system.