View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Three-and-out Percentage - Texans 26th in NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Yesterday Charlie and LZ were talking about the Texans being on Hard Knocks . LZ was talking about showing Schaub and Kubiak playing poker . They both kept folding saying " I have nothing " . Matt you have a 1v1 match up don't fold . Gary you win the ante if you don't fold ... " I ain't got nothing " .

The Texans played the same way in 2012 as they did in 2011 . The problem was they didn't have Winston , Briesel , and Dressen . Then they rotate Brooks , Jones , Newton , and Harris .

This is also a byproduct of 3rd and 8 and dumping the ball off a 3 yard gain .
Right after the New England loss in the play offs, I posted saying Kubiak screwed the pooch by not trying to get Matt into a rhytm. Not using 3+ WR sets predominately to start the game & get Matt comfy.

I went back & watched that game again a couple of weeks later & that's exactly what he did. It wasn't no huddle, but it was not as slow as a normal huddle. It was 3+ receivers for the majority of our snaps.

& no one wants to hear it, but Matt looked good. Not incredible, but good. There were those two goofy plays where he pulled the ball down & tried to make something happen, but other than that.....

I'd like to see the all 22. The only reason I can think Matt didn't throw deep often, was because there was no one deep often & we never got into 5 step drop territory.... & by that, I mean we were never successfull enough with our 3 step drops that Matt could take deep drops & plays downfield could open up. Seemed like every time we tried, he was forced to throw it early.

I think if anyone would objectively watch that game again, & judge Matt for who he is & not who we want him to be, they'd have to conclude that Matt looked good.