View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #25
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South Team needs according to PFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We need outside pass rushers on this team.

Period.

All we've got right now is Mercilus & that's based more on potential than anything. The Connor Barwin experiment failed at outside pass rusher, so in my mind you either get one in FA (which always cost way too much) or you draft one.

If we can resign Barwin, who is better against the run than Reed, then we only have to draft one LB.... a LB that can rotate with Mercilus. If we lose Barwin, then we have to sign two LBs that we'll depend a lot on. Either through the draft, or FA.

We do have Sharpton & Dobbins, who can play next to Cushing, but those are stop gaps at best until Sharpton proves differently. I think the kid can play, but I don't want to depend on him at this point.

I'd also like to see Mr Alexander at SOLB as a depth guy in the future. Looked like he put on some size last year.
I agree we need more pass rushers on this team, and a lot of this will hinge on Barwin and his contract. If Barwin wants too much or too many years, I say, let him go. The Texans don't need to tie up a lot of money on him, or players like him, and then not have enough for JJ Watt, Cushing, Manning, and others when it comes time to sign them. I would rather the Texans go after GQ and McCain, let Barwin go, and draft another pass rusher in the 1st or 2nd round.

As for some of the others you mentioned, I think Sharpton will have a hard time making this team next year due to his injury history. He seems to be injured a lot in his short time here and I think that could play into the Coaches decision. I think they bring Dobbins back, if for nothing else than depth and ST. Mr Alexander, I don't know what will happen to him. It will probably come down to his value on ST and how many OLB's they keep.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote