View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #37
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 175288 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we already missing Joel Dreesen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Old thread, dug it up searching our board for Tyler Eifert. What do y'all think about possibly drafting him in the first?

Now that we've got a competent defense & DC, I think we may see an offensive pick in the 1st round.

Not that we'll definitely pick on an offensive player, but I would think the value of offensive players has caught up to the value of defensive players. Remember, until recently we'd field a top 10 offense & a last place defense.
Check this interview with McNair after he came back from the Super Bowl. At about the 6:30 - 7 minute mark McNair talks about the draft. First thing out of his mouth is "do we need more defense" to stop the dink & dunk offenses of N. E. and others.

He said "we're in good shape at RB" [okay Bob, I'll give you that one] and we're in good shape at QB [depends on which fan you ask, Bob], and we're in good shape at TE..." ummm.... look closer Bob.

He did say we need more speed at WR.... I guess that's something. Doesn't sound like he's gonna make that a rd 1-3 pick though.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote