View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Importance of Football Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I just posted this article over on the Cowboy board...saw it through LZ's twitter, not here. The conversation I posted it in was dealing with a quote by Nate Newton where he disputed a Dallas radio announcers assertion that the Cowboys could have easily been 10-6 vs 8-8. Nate said no they couldn't have because they didn't have the attitude and willpower to make the extra plays to go 10-6. I agree with him. There are clueless people...IMHO..who think that talent wins out no matter what. The problem is the playoffs or a late regular season game where you have two talented teams. This is when character and work ethic and attitude make the difference. Great read.
I completely agree. I think our late season breakdown was two fold. One, we don't have the leaders on field that inspire each other to give 10% more on the next play again & again & again. We've got guys like Jj Watt & Andre Johnson who "lead by example" but that doesn't focus everybody on the next play. I think our defense faltered down the stretch & looked lost vs the Patriots, because they lost that focus.

Secondly, I'm sure Kubiak's message was to stay calm & don't panic but we reached a point in each of those losses that we should have realized a sense of urgency. A couple of the games, it looked like we recognized that point too late & the other two we didn't recognize that point at all. Our offense just didn't "get it"