View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Importance of Football Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I believe the LB he was talking about was Broderick Thomas. He was drafted #6 overall out of Nebraska in 1989. So after reading this article how many still think we need to take chances on talented but troubled players in the draft?
I think he did a good job of discerning between football character & citizenship.
Quote:
While both “citizenship” and “football character” are important to his future success as a football player, I would say that the latter carries more importance. That’s the reason I would always say “we’re not looking for boy scouts” because our jobs are to win football games. We weren’t hired to serve the community. That’s not to say a player’s citizenship isn’t important because I feel like it is very important. I’m just saying that football character is more important.
The LB he was talking about wasn't a "troubled" player, he just had low football character.