View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR in the 1st round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Who's your top 3 WR's at pick #27 for the Texans, and why?
The Texans should look at WRs who can beat press coverage and have good run after catch ability. That will mean more to this team than a 4.3 guy running an up route. I like:

Keenan Allen - The most "pro ready" WR in this class. Has the combination of size and elusiveness the Texans need. He won't run a great 40 time. Due to a late season injury, Allen may not even run before the draft. That's the only way he drops to the Texans.

Cordarrelle Patterson - Has Dez Bryant type abilty with the ball in his hands. Very raw as a receiver, the kind of pick that will look better in 2014 than 2013.

DeAndre Hopkins - Athleticism doesn't jump off the screen, but he makes plays all the same. A lot like Anquan Boldin in that he comes up with the ball when it's thrown his way.

Quinton Patton - If Patton were more physical, I would rate him higher. Uses his quickness to get off the line, and has sneaky deep speed. Reminds me of Roddy White, who took a couple of years to develop.

Mike Shanahan - If Kevin Walter does leave, Kubiak will need another big blocking wideout. Enter Michael Shanahan (son of Kubiak buddy Mike Shanahan), a 6-5, 225lb WR that is a late round, UDFA possibility.