View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013   #12
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Cost Of James Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm honestly not seeing him as the play-making mismatch he was touted to be. He gets schemed open, but looks slow when he catches the ball..... slower than OD. He's thick, but not particularly physical when fighting for position or trying to get separation.
He's not a mismatch in the sense of having Arian at fb, but by fb standards he's a mismatch. He's faster than most true fb's and can run longer routes and make catches further down the field than most fb's can.

That doesn't mean he's going to look like Wes welker or Arian foster when he goes up against lb'ers. It just means that he provides a different dynamic from the position than the traditional fb, and either 1) he's not good enough to get open or 2) we don't do a good enough job of using the skills he has.

I'd go with 2 since I've seen him get open a bunch against lb'ers in covg.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote