View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: WR in the 1st round?

Kiper's 2.0 has us taking Patton
Quote:
27Quinton Patton
Houston Texans (12-4)
COLLEGE: Louisiana Tech
POS: WR

Analysis: Houston needs to find another weapon for Matt Schaub. Andre Johnson will be 32 this summer, and if he's out of the lineup, the drop-off is significant. If you're a fan that hasn't seen anything from Patton, roll the tape from his game against Texas A&M. All he did to the Aggies was 21 catches, 233 yards and 4 TD catches. Simply put, Patton was really, really hard to cover in 2012, and when he went to the Senior Bowl against some of the top competition in the draft, he didn't get any easier to cover. Love the way he release from pressure, can set defenders up and work the sides or the middle of the field, using long arms to snatch the ball away from his body. A rising player meets a good fit.
In his first Mock he had us taking Allen
Quote:
No. 28 -- Houston: Keenan Allen, WR, Cal

Kiper: “If he hadn't become a wide receiver, it's entirely possible that Allen could be a coveted safety in this draft. His experience on defense shows up on offense, where he has a great knack for finding space in coverage, working back to the ball to help his quarterback and using great hands as a dependable pass-catcher. He's dangerous with the ball in his hands.”

Kuharsky: With DeVier Posey now recovering from a torn Achilles, finding a receiver to play opposite Andre Johnson and eventually take over for him should be a priority. Houston needs to be more threatening at wideout.

I think what he says is true, but I don't see a WR helping us enough in 2013. Of course I'm admittedly short sighted & if a WR is the BPA there, then we should take him.

But I also believe whatever Kiper/McShay has us doing, Smithiak are going to do something completely different. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the last time they got it "right" was Amobi Okoye