View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147190 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First four picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skenney_11 View Post
I like Rodgers but I just don't see the Texans drafting him. Detroit is where he belongs. CBS sports has Thomas going in the 2nd round so he probably will be gone by our 3rd round pick
The question wasnt who do you think the Texans will pick .... but Who would YOU pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If you were picking and your job was on the line, who would you choose? I am very interested in the 'why' of your pick.
I believe Rogers is hands down the best WR in this draft and by a large margin - I would roll the dice despite those off field issues.

While the likleyhood of the Texans picking Rogers may be slim , I could see a couple situations where they would make the selection.

As for Thomas , different sites have him rated allover the place from a 2-3 to as low as a late 4th.
Considering its pre-combine , for all intents and purposes we are just throwing sh!t at the wall to see what sticks. Post combine things should be a bit more clear and we'll all be adjusting our ratings .... and there is always the option to move up for a player you really like. Thomas would be one I would strongly consider moving up to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I feel the same way about Rodgers. Sometimes you gotta take a chance to become great.

Love the 3rd rd picks, how would you feel about trading a 4/5/7th rd picks to get back into the middle of the 3rd rd and taking Long? Doing this would give you 5 possible starters and fill most of the holes except the biggest one. (QB)

Check out Duke Williams, he's a faster version of Thomas and does many of the same things.
If he was still on the board in the 3rd round , I would strongly consider moving those 4-5 and 7th round picks to get him as I have Armstead in the 4th with the idea of him at RT .... but it looks like Long has moved into the second round according to most.
While I think Long's going to be a really good RT in the NFL and had mocked him to the Texans in the second in my last mock ..... Im not willing to sacrafice the WR and NT spots for him that early as I dont see him starting from day one at RT as he's played most of his college career at OG and thats a pretty big transition.

I wouldnt argue against taking Williams in round 5 or 6 .... Most have him locked in at a 6th round selection right now. If I wasnt able to land Thomas , he might be my prime target in that part of the draft.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote